Open navigation

How to Apply for Concession Discounts

Concessions for Embedded Network Occupiers vary from state to state. 

For further information on applying for energy and hot water concessions, please refer to your state listed below. 



Energy Concessions

Within Victoria, the Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH) allows only Authorised Retailers to perform this service. However, you may be entitled to apply for a Non-Mains Energy Concession if you are a concession holder who relies on LPG, firewood, alternative fuel and/or non-mains metered electricity (an Embedded Network) for domestic heating, cooking and hot water. 

You can access specific information and apply for the Non-Mains Energy Concession using the form located at the link HERE and below. You will need to contact the DFFH directly to apply for the concession.

Water Concessions

Customers who hold an eligible concession card can apply for a Non-Mains Water Concession through the DFFH for water that is purchased for residential use through an embedded network. The application form to apply for this water concession is available for download here.

Customers with eligible concession cards, will receive both Non-Mains Energy Concessions and Non-Mains Water Concessions as a rebate.

Life Support Concessions

Customers who are concession card holders and using a life support machine at home may be eligible for concessions on electricity and water bills. For a list of what equipment or machines are elligible for the concession, head to the website linked HERE or below.

DFFH Contact Details

DFFH can be contacted by phone, email or post:

Concessions Information Line: 1800 658 521
Email: or
 State Concessions, 10/50 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne VIC 3000

Once you talk to DFFH they will request certain invoices to process your concession rebate. 

Simply reach out to our team and we can supply these to you, alternately, you may be able to download them from your Customer Portal.

New South Wales

Unfortunately, we cannot apply discounts or concessions directly to your account. However, if you are entitled to apply for an Energy Rebate, you can contact the NSW Department of Trade & Investment to apply. 

In NSW, people who live within an Embedded Electrical Network are referred to as “On-Supplied” Customers. In order to gain your rebate from your electricity the form is available through this link.

To find out more about your eligibility or how to apply, call on 13 77 88 or visit NSW Department of Trade & Investment.

The NSW Government offers a number of rebates to eligible customers to help pay your energy bills. These rebates are funded by the NSW Government and include:


Low Income Household Rebate – for customers who hold eligible concession cards issued by the Federal Department of Human Services or the Department of Veterans Affairs;


Family Energy Rebate – available to customers who have received the Family Tax Benefit from the Federal Department of Human Services;


Life Support Electricity Rebate – for households where residents use certain medical equipment necessary to sustain life;


Medical Energy Rebate – for eligible customers who have a medically diagnosed inability to self-regulate body temperature when exposed to extremes of environmental temperatures.


Residents that are part of an Embedded Network in Queensland and hold one of the following concession cards are eligible for concessions:

  • A current Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink,
  • A current Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) Gold Card (Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI) and widow/er only),
  • A current Queensland Seniors Card,
  • A current Commonwealth Health Care Card (issued by Centrelink) (Electricity Rebates only), and
  • A current asylum seeker status (residents will need to provide their ImmiCard details) (Electricity Rebate only).

 Eligible residents must live alone or share the premise with:

  • their spouse or other eligible card holders
  • other people wholly dependent on them
  • other people who are social security recipients, and who do not pay rent
  • other people who live with the resident to provide care and assistance, and who do not pay rent.

Further details can be found at: 

How the rebate will appear on the bill

The rebate will be passed on to the claimant as a reduction in their electricity/gas charges. The rebate must appear on the account with the words 'Queensland Government Electricity Rebate' or 'Queensland Government Reticulated Natural Gas Rebate'.

Should you meet this eligibility criteria, please submit a ticket via our Help Centre here:, our team can then assist you with the application.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.