Open navigation

How can I claim the $250 Energy Bill Relief?

Energy Bill Relief Program for Embedded Network Households

The Commonwealth Government is partnering with the Victorian Government to provide electricity bill relief to eligible households through a once-off $250 payment.

Embedded network households are eligible if the primary electricity account holder, or another household member named on the account, receives or holds one of the following: 

  • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC) issued by Services Australia or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) 
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (GCH) For All Conditions 
  • Health Care Card (HCC) issued by Services Australia 
  • Carer Allowance 
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card (SHC) issued by Services Australia or Department of Veterans’ Affairs 
  • Family Tax Benefit A & B 

Eligible Energy On Customers may follow the below instructions to claim your Energy Bill Relief Program payment from the Victorian Government's Online form

Before completing an application, we recommend reading the available FAQ Page to help with common customer questions regarding this process, as well as the Frequently Asked Questions page available on the page shown below.

Go to, and click on the button that states "Submit an Energy Bill Relief Application".
A screenshot of a computer

Description automatically generated

  1. You will have to read (scroll) through the "Terms and Conditions" text box to enable the tick box. 
  2. Click Next. 
  3. Please Note: Energy On is not an Energy Retailer, we are what's called an Embedded Network Operator and Manager. As your address is part of an Embedded Network, you do not have an NMI for your electricity meter as it’s a private meter.  
  4. In order to apply for the Energy Bill Relief Payment you will then need to select the following options; 
    1. Select Yes for "Are you part of an embedded network" then select “Enter the Information Manually”
    2. Once you select "Enter the information Manually", the fields required will change to display the below;
  1. Retailer: Select 'Other Embedded Network' 
      1. Service Address: Start to type in your electricity address, and it will display from a drop-down list to select. Make sure you select the correct premise and street address.
      2. Account Name: Account Holder details
      3. Account Number: Type in your Energy On Customer Number. This is the 9 digit Customer number listed on your Energy On Invoices. 
        1. Email: enter in your preferred email 
        2. Email (confirm): enter in the same email as above 
        3. Phone Number: enter in your preferred phone number 
        4. Click Next. 

This should then enable you to enter in your usage details accordingly.

There is also a helpline available, 1800 000 832, to receive general support and assistance with the Victorian Energy Compare website and Energy Bill Relief program. This helpline will also provide support to submit an application over the phone. Customers who call this line need to ensure that they inform the phone representative that they are part of "Other Embedded Network" as their power is supplied through an embedded network by Energy On.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.